1250 Maryland Avenue was the first building built in Republic’s Portals Complex. The building is located on the extension of Maryland Avenue, along the monumental Circle, which was simultaneously constructed by Republic.
The building is designed to optimize views of the Potomac River and Tidal Basin, setting the stage for the rest of the Portals Complex. Its layout—with elevator core positions, entrance lobbies, and general configuration—provide flexibility for large and small tenants to utilize the building’s 55,000 SF floor plates. Tenants include Blue Cross Blue Shield for the National Capital Region, the Federal Aviation Administration, and the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
* All projects for development are expressed at original cost and do not represent fair market value.